Old 11-05-2011, 12:36 PM
Lostn51
Banned

Originally Posted by auniqueview View Post
I don't have a manual for the machine, so I started looking on the net for an old Pioneer Precision Sewing Machine. Can't find one. I look over at it sitting there, and LIGHT GOES ON, duh Jacqueline. The machine is green, and my brain must be working in Senior Moment all day long. Picture it black dummy, lol. Picture it saying Singer across the top. It's not quite the same as the non running clone I have (well, haven't tried running the other one yet) but pretty darn close, and I know this one runs....and does leather. I will get a photo and see if I can convince the board to load it. There is a number on the body....E 5732612 and an M in a circle. Also, on the underside of the neck? the initials D.S.M. . In another spot underneath, it says TKM-6. The machine says Pioneer Precision Sewing Machine Reg Pat Off.

Any info would be greatly appreciated. In the meantime, I am going to have a cup of coffee and try to update my brain, lol.
Well you know it is a Japanese 15 and the machine is really not for leather but it can sew some heavy material if you play with the tensions. I did a set of door panels for my friends 28 Ford Coupe with my Japanese 15 and it was pushing its limits with the Naugahyde. I will have to dig up the information about the maker of the machine but I think I know who badged it for Precision.

Congratulations on the score!!!

Billy