View Single Post
Old 11-05-2011, 12:39 PM
candi

Originally Posted by Wonnie View Post
Okay, bring me out of the dark ages!

QUESTIONS:

1. Are they permanent once applied?
2. Do they fade?
3. Could you just do highlights with them on a fussy cut quilt for instance as in snow on a flower tip?
4. Are they messy as in you have to be really careful it doesn't get anywhere you don't want it as in working with chalk pastels?

Thanks for any input. It sounds like a lot of fun. Thanks for the post!
Ok, I'll try to answer the questions according to what I know.
Yes, they are permanent once applied but you do still need to heat set them, and my understanding is that they don't fade. But I haven't used them long enough to test that.

You could do anything you want with them, even if just highlighting a block or a quilting motif or whatever, and you can use on multiple surfaces not just fabric.

They are not really messy per se as they come in a solid form, like a crayon. But they are permanent once they hit fabric so I won't work with them sitting on my favorite designer chair or wearing my nice clothes, lol. But I used baby wipes to clean my hands and table as I wa swirling with them.

Hope this helps. And I agree with the comments about getting them at an art supply store. I seem to be finding the best deals at online art supply stores.

Last edited by candi; 11-05-2011 at 12:42 PM.