View Single Post
Old 11-05-2011, 03:37 PM
LivelyLady

Originally Posted by candi View Post
Oh I just started playing with these. I LOVE them. Yes, you have to heat set them and yes thay can be washed. All I have done so far is stenciling with them. I posted a photo somewhere of what I did, I'll see if I can find it. But they are a lot of fun and I can see many possibilites with them. I only initially bought two packs of the 3 mini sticks to see if I like them before investing too much money, and I am looking at buying the whole collection. They come in two styles: matte and iridescent, I personally like the later as I like a little bling, lol, and these come in 16 or 18 shades. The matte sticks come in a lot more colors. You can always mix too to get additional colors. the sticks are self healing and supposed to last forever. Ok, I am excited about them as you can tell. I have been searching online for the best deal, it pays to shop around as I am noticing that prices do vary.

Oh, I also bought a book called Design Magic by Shelly Stokes, and it has great ideas and tips. And don't forget to do a search, there are a few helpful tutorials online.

Oh, one more thing I forgot to say, you really don't need to buy stencils, you can make your own with freezer paper, if you print or trace your deisgn on freezer paper, cut it out, press it on your fabric and paint away

And lastly, do show us what you make.
Thank you so much for the priceless tip on using freezer paper for stencils!!!