Old 11-05-2011, 04:32 PM
Podunk Princess

Hello everyone!

Joined a new quilting group today that meets the first Saturday of each month. Not a guild, but similar without all the discord and fuss. Lots of fun and some great show and tell. Today we attempted stack 'n whack. A church in Mountain View graciously loaned us a large room with a big kitchen and lots of tables and chairs to use for our get-togethers.

This month will be a huge challenge with Thanksgiving dinner to tempt us. I'll have to do some extra special exercising this month so I don't lose momentum. I'm looking forward to hearing about all your great recipes for low-cal holiday dishes. I've got a couple to share and will post them in a few days. What do you have?

I absolutely have to report that I had two NSV's yesterday. First, I started the day searching my closet for something to wear to "school" and found a really cute top on the back rack that still had tags on it. My husband bought it for me a couple of years ago and I've never worn it. I decided to give it a try and voila....it not only fit, it was a little loose! Then, to top off my afternoon, during class the younger students and the teacher (ages 22 to 47) were discussing age and birthdates and someone asked me how old I was. When I told them I was 61 they thought I was joking. They all had assumed I was in my early 50's!!! That felt so great. Of course, I said "thank you" to all of them. Needless to say, I now have a fresh batch of weight loss motivation!

Nancia, I'm so sorry to hear that your Mom is on her way. Just know that she will be in a better place and her suffering will be over.

I'll check in again in a few days. Everyone have a good upcoming week!