Old 11-05-2011, 04:51 PM
Mad Mimm

Talking I Did It!! Paper-piecing is now my friend!

Let me preface by saying I am a big chicken when it comes to trying new techniques and I have been really working on being bold and fearless in the face of all things quilty that intimidate me. When I have learned a new technique in the past, it has always been in a class setting, with a patient teacher holding my hand and guiding me along. Well due to recent budget constraints, I could not afford to take a class in paper piecing - something I REALLY wanted to learn. I checked out the tutorials here and on youtube and borrowed a book from my library. I set aside the day today to tackle my first block - a virtually idiot-proof basket block. And it worked!!!

I have been giggling maniacally from the sewing room all afternoon. Yes, I had to whip out my trusty seam ripper (took a minute to figure out the whole backward thing) but I have been seduced by the perfect points and promise of a glowing future filled with lovely, pointy stars. Sigh, I feel like a teenage girl on her first date. Move over Tom Welling, Paper Piecing is my new love!!!

PS I'll get a photo posted - just have to finish making dinner!