View Single Post
Old 11-05-2011, 07:39 PM
Maribeth

Originally Posted by nance-ell View Post
That's a very literal interpretation of a concept that just happens to use the word "junk"... though I would certainly associate the word "junk" with all the negativity I've seen on this board over a change in format. Unfortunately, those strong negative reactions only fueled a fire and it grew way out of proportion IMHO. Hosting a website is not an easy job (I've done several) and I can't imagine the extra headaches of having a forum. I extend my sincere appreciation for the creators, owners, moderators, etc. of this board for hanging in there and working above and beyond the call of duty to address as many concerns as possible. If you really think of the 'old' board as 'beloved' and this board is not, what does that say for the PEOPLE here? It's the PEOPLE who make this board, not the background or the buttons... and the people are still here. The "junk" is the negativity breeding more negativity, not the board.
I think it means we have different opinions and and we should all feel free to share them.