View Single Post
Old 11-05-2011, 11:45 PM
janedee

Talking one of 'those' days

having got the whole afternoon free as my daughter took the dog out for me - yay thought me I can layer up my baby quilt ready for some hand quilting - so got all the layers together - doing it like an envelope!! attached the walking foot and started stitching happily around the edges - machine stopped sewing - uh oh tried again same thing happened my walking foot looked as if it was broken so took it off - it was fine started again - oh is that a pin I see - silly me no wonder it wouldn't stitch so I finished it off went to trim the edges - spring had jumped out of my sissors spent the next 10 mins crawling round the floor to find it and reassemble the scissors - trim and turn back to right way - lovely thought I, a quick press - what's that bump - prodded and another uh oh somehow a pin had stuck itself to the wadding so had to undo a seam to get to it - they say things happen in 3s - baby quilt is now ready for quilting but think I will leave it alone for a couple of days just in case!!!!!!!!!!!!