View Single Post
Old 11-06-2011, 05:38 AM
MdmSew'n'Sew

Thank you for all the kind words - to answer the questions ... first of all, here's the tutorial I found ... http://whitneyjdavis.blogspot.com/20...-tutorial.html - it really is the simplest thing, the thing that took the longest was making sure I had a good mix and variety of fabrics. I used the easy circle cut from EZ Quilting to cut the circles - once I got the blocks laid out, it went quite quickly - and I quilted it by just stitching in the ditch along each seamline. The doll quilt is the same style, but using only two circles in each square instead of three, so it will be about 25 inches square, the larger quilt turned out to be 45 inches square. I made two sizes of background squares, then the three larger circles for the baby quilt and each smaller block repeats two of the fabrics used on the larger square - but I won't try to put them back together in the same order as the larger top so that they will coordinate, not be too matchy-matchy.
And thanks for the note about the shoes ... they match my car, a 2008 Elantra - it replaced my purple Saturn that died a few years ago. I love anything purple (except grape juice!)