Thread: eating crow
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2011, 05:52 AM
Sierra

I haven't written anything "negative".... just questions that no one answers, and maybe that is because I have a MAC?

Why can't we have a section for definitions of terms (tag, tag cloud, pingback, refbacks BB code, Trackbacks... these from the the bottom of this page) and many more? I have no clue what these things mean.

How do I download a picture with the final g of jpeg missing? I never did figure out how to upload a picture (did it a couple of times, but couldn't many more) on the old system... shows you how incompetent I am!

And the envelopes???? Sometimes I think they change colors after I look at one posting, but then some of them simply don't. I read that they are open or shut, depending on if we have viewed them, but mine were all the same... all shut, even after opening more than once to double check. And why the colors?

My list could go on and on. And when I was still working (been retired over 10 years now) I programed for companies... but life was simpler then (or computers were). I'm not going to leave QB; it is simply too great! Guess my priorities are in quilting now.

Why not have a section which is devoted to questions on how to use our new QB? Why not? Maybe the staff wouldn't even have to answer them all because other members could. WE could have different threads for categories of subjects for easier finding. And maybe a thread for Mac users if having a Mac is part of the problem for some of us.

It might make a lot of us feel more loved if somehow we dumb down the learning curve so the clueless among us can begin to understand more. It could be come the 8th great virture: helping the clueless learn to use the new QB. (Right now I wanted to put in a confused face but couldn't figure out how to do it. Found the list but what to do?)