Old 11-06-2011, 06:27 AM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by auniqueview View Post
Surprised myself, lol. It being the weekend, I went to some yard sales, and was about to say FORGET IT!, when I decided to go ahead and hunt down the last couple on my list. I am really glad I did. Actually, I never found the second one, but who cares, lol. I pulled up and the drive was full of everything, always a good start. I started walking around, and stopped and looked at a 'table'. "Is that a sewing machine cabinet?", I asked. Now, understand that I have four sitting in the family room already, one empty, but don't seem to be able to control myself. I am sure none of you have that problem, right? "Yes, it is, but it also has a machine with it. Would you like to see it?" Sure I would. He opened it up, and I really wasn't expecting much. Long day, nothing good, discouraged, right? But he had a nice little machine in there...green metal, older machine. I asked if it ran, and it did. He got a cord and plugged it in. The owner used to do leather work, and he did it on this machine. So, still figuring it couldn't hurt just to ask how much, I did. $25. SOLD! I also bought a bag of 16 leather stamping tools I knew my gson would be thrilled to get....they aren't cheap....some fancy buttons and three pair of old ladies leather gloves. They loaded my machine up and off I went.

I don't have a manual for the machine, so I started looking on the net for an old Pioneer Precision Sewing Machine. Can't find one. I look over at it sitting there, and LIGHT GOES ON, duh Jacqueline. The machine is green, and my brain must be working in Senior Moment all day long. Picture it black dummy, lol. Picture it saying Singer across the top. It's not quite the same as the non running clone I have (well, haven't tried running the other one yet) but pretty darn close, and I know this one runs....and does leather. I will get a photo and see if I can convince the board to load it. There is a number on the body....E 5732612 and an M in a circle. Also, on the underside of the neck? the initials D.S.M. . In another spot underneath, it says TKM-6. The machine says Pioneer Precision Sewing Machine Reg Pat Off.

Any info would be greatly appreciated. In the meantime, I am going to have a cup of coffee and try to update my brain, lol.
Auniqueview, is that your name 'Jacqueline? Congratulations on your new 15 clone if that is what is it - can't wait to see a picture!

Nancy