Old 11-06-2011, 06:35 AM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by melinda1962 View Post
I guess it is garage sale season. I went by a couple this morning, and always ask, is there a sewing machine? Well, one lady said she was holding one for an earlier customer, but did I want to look at it? Kenmore 17--, $25. Had all the attachments, super high shank stuff, so I said, I usually like older ones and sort of collect them. She said $20. I said, it just isn't what I am looking for. She said $15. I said maybe someone will come along, and if you don't sell it, you can donate it to one of our local churches that teaches sewing lessons to a group of teenagers. She said $10, please take it. I did and it sews really good to make a long story longer, and doesn't miss any of its 22 stitches it is capable of. She paid $300 twenty years ago. Go figure. The ticket was in the manual. Worst thing is I have a machine that is good enough to sew on that the next person who comes in and wants one of my vintage machines may get lucky.

Another girl has her old grandmother in law's that she didn't bring to town because her husband said no one would want it. She has my number to call me the model. All I know is green singer and old. Wish me luck.
Ok Melinda, were you and Kim garage saling together? Geeze, both of you got fantastic deals! Congratulations! When I find a machine really cheap that I really don't want, I just take it home, clean it up, get it running, and donate it to Hospice! Makes me feel good to do that!

Nancy