Old 11-06-2011, 08:29 AM
Wanabee Quiltin

Default 10 Vintage Machines....what am I to do with them ?

I just love vintage sewing machines and since I had 4 grandchildren who liked to sew, I would buy Singer vintage sewing machines when I found a good deal. When I say vintage, I mean 1909 to 1952,(not sure about the Pfaff). I ended up buying 8 of the Singers, one Pfaff 51 and one Precision. All of these are metal and mostly weigh a ton. I even have a hand crank Singer. From what I remember, they all sew fine. I have 3-4 cases and 4 cabinets. So now, the grandkids are all teenagers and don't want to sew. I told DH it was time to clean them up, check them out and make sure they are okay to sell. But where should I sell them? I am thinking of going to the World's Longest Yard Sale next year and putting them next to the RV to sell. With our generator, we can guarantee they work. A friend said they are so beautiful, just having them sit in the LR would be great for many people. But I don't have the space for that. If I did, I would pick a treadle. I thought of selling them online either here on the board or on eBay, but postage for these must be astronomical. Any ideas would be appreciated. I hope this is the right forum for what I have posted.