Old 07-30-2009, 07:16 AM
JoanneS

Originally Posted by cutebuns
I have the presser foot one on my babylock, and oh learn how to use it, It took a bit for me to get used to it but it is so much faster when I am piecing it isn't even funny. I had to start using the foot control with my left though as I tend to go at the same time and the right leg was doing double duty. It frees your hand to line up stuff and all of that, rather than have to reach back, ( I know some now have a putton to up and down the presser foot, the new quilting brother does, I find it really slow though, would drive me nuts)
I'm having fun reading all this. It happened to me with one of my Pfaff's once, and it was the pedal-under-the bar problem. I bought a 'Knees Eeze' (probably spelled this wrong) which is SUPPOSED to keep the foot pedal from slipping on the floor (which it didn't), as well as to put it at a better angle for your knee (which it does). It IS big enough for the foot pedal and my other foot - so I have 2 feel on it, and the dang thing doesn't move! Also, I use my left foot for the foot-pedal, even though I'm 'right-footed', because I actually seem to have more control - don't go 'all out' - sometimes even use the 'slow down' button on the machine as well.