View Single Post
Old 11-06-2011, 12:56 PM
deemail

Originally Posted by skrucker View Post
I found this really cute snow globe pattern for a quilt on www.fatcatpatterns.com. It would be a perfect gift for my granddaughter because she collects snow globes. I'm going to machine applique the snowglobes. To make it more realistic, I would like to put clear plastic over the picture itself: would that be advisable since it will be washed time and time again. Do you think the plastic would hold moisture behind it after its washed and dried?
quilt pattern not at link, but i think i know what it would look like. I'm sure the plastic would not only do that, but it would have to line dry, as the plastic will get too warm, too fast to put in dryer. In addition the washer would rip them up eventually. As I see it, you have two options...make the 'globe' two sided with the fussy cuts inside and make the globes snap/velcro onto quilt so they can be removed for washing. OR.... make your 'globe' from the palest translucent organdy or pale colored wedding tulle (I would probably use a selection of pastels) you can find. the organdy is tougher but the tulle is more translucent. good luck, hope you find a solution...

Last edited by deemail; 11-06-2011 at 12:59 PM.