Old 11-06-2011, 01:09 PM
deemail

Originally Posted by sewphie View Post
Very pretty quilt, this is one I have always loved but have never tempted, it looks so difficult to me.
just a quick rundown. 1. cut large circle for block 2. cut 4 ring arcs for rings around circle, they may match, but not necessarily 3. sew ring onto circle, 2 seams, both by machine 4. cut square of fussy cut or center detail 5. cut sq of batting 6. layer fussy cut, batting and circle and quilt 7. mark circle with guide in book for 4 corners of squares 8. match corner marks on one circle with corner marks on 2nd circle, sew together from corner 1 to corner 2... first 2 blocks joined....repeat .... you have yet to make ONE hand stitch... this is totally streamlined in the book for you and has one 12" ruler and the square guide IN the book for you... she outlines all requirements for different sizes of quilts/wallhangings and shows layouts for strip piecing, cutting, etc. There are many examples to give you ideas.... I don't usually buy books, i draft what i see and go from there. But, this was a totally new concept for me and the book was online for a little less than $20... the cost of the one, included, ruler alone is at least half that. I got a deal at the time that gave me the other two sizes of rulers and the large one is the one in my pic.... Personally, i have made DWR the regular way and I guarantee, learning curve and all, you will have an easier time doing this...