Old 07-30-2009, 08:37 AM
Bill'sBonBon

Originally Posted by QuiltMania
Don't be scared. Relax, go slowly and you'll be just fine. If you sew slowly, you'll do just fine stitching in the ditch. You don't even need special feet. (I quilt on a machine that's almost 40 years old and only has 1 foot and it works ok.) If you make a mistake, you can always take the stitching out and try again. You could do outline quilting in the middle square.

Have fun and I look forward to seeing pictures of the finished product.

This is the best advise you can get,I don't need to use my words. Been there done that,just recently on the AtticWindow quilt. The key is to go slow, and if you use a thread that will not stand out but blend in you will not notice when you get out of the ditch. I got out countless times the Quilt was very large and heavy. It made me sweat even with AC on. I used beige on the attic window and unless you look real close you can't see when it is out of the ditch.
Jump right in and do it but take it slow. I did better with a applique foot where I could see really good. I do have the STD foot but for some reason I had problems with it. Whatever foot is more comfortable for you is the one to use. Have fun show pictures.
BillsBonBon