View Single Post
Old 11-06-2011, 05:56 PM
Vicki W

Default Two Surprises for me today

I went to visit my Mama and Daddy this afternoon and took a little something to work on while I was there. Mama had two surprises for me.
  1. She brought out a butterfly quilt top I never had seen that was made by one of my aunts. Aunt Lois died 20 years ago. Mama gave it to me. I am now taking it apart (she had sashings that were over 10 inches wide and there is none of the same fabric left to go around the quilt.) I think by taking it apart and making the sashing smaller I can use the same fabric she planned but be able to complete the quilt. I may add a second border as well.
  2. Mama also mentioned her brother had said she could have my grandmother's machine. (She said I could have it ) I know this might not be special for the rest of you but Mama's mother died when Mama was eleven. She barely knew her and of course I never knew her. Very few of her belongs exist and I am thrilled at the idea of getting the machine. I haven't seen it since I was a small child when my Papa was alive. I know it is in rough shape, but Uncle Bill says it still sews. Now I will be waiting on pins and needles ( kinda fitting for a quilter until Mama makes another trip to Tennessee.