Thread: PM issues
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2011, 06:41 PM
MTS
Banned

Originally Posted by dunster View Post

I have a similar problem. I relied on the software to correctly save my PM's before I deleted them. Only later did I find out that the software didn't work correctly, so the recipient on the sent pm's was not saved. .
I don't think that's the software - it's the board and the way the PM's came over.

When I was going through deleting my sent messages (I wasn't going to bother saving anything), I couldn't find the addressees on most of them. Some were included. There didn't seem to be any rhyme or reason - they were a combo of my initialing starting the conversation and PM's where I replied to received PM's.

I didn't really look much further. If I have some time later, I'll try again to see if I can make sense of why some PM's came over correctly and others didn't.

Not that it matters at this point.

The only way to recover that information would be to reconvert and repost the PM's from the old board again - which would mean you'd have clean up/out your outbox again. If they even allow the first part to happen. Sounds like a really messy proposition.