Old 11-06-2011, 07:43 PM
Cre8tvlwyr

I'm doing mine on a white background - was going to go the traditional civil war repro route until I saw the DJ quilt using Kaffe Fassett fabrics at the green fairy blog.. which confused me. I love the quilting there too.

To answer a few questions - I have the book which I bought first I think at Jo-Anns, then bought the software from Brenda Papadakis through her website @ http://www.dearjane.com. I think I remember purchasing the rulers @ softexpressions.com - or it may have been amazon?? you just need to google it and will find best price.

I am told that the software is best because you can preview colors, print templates. The book doesn't give you any directions - you really do need to follow a blog for pointers - the ones mentioned again by dakotamaid I have brought up somewhere on this thread as well. We will also discuss & trade advice on some of the 'how-to' You do need either the book or the software. I have the rulers but have not tried using them yet. The people that have the rulers love them.

I will contact an administrator with the list of those of you who have presented an interest and have them make sure you are all on the notification list