Old 11-06-2011, 11:25 PM
luvmortherest

Originally Posted by Cre8tvlwyr View Post
I've been going over the schedule for the last cyber block party for DJ - she had only one beginner block the first four weeks and 2 advanced ones and the last two weeks were all beginner blocks & triangles! I know a few of you have started and also that a few are popping in to support us from the first DJ group so I am putting a question out there to you...

I marked all 'beginner' and 'advanced' blocks [according to Brenda] with different colors on page 12 of the DJ book [diagram of all blocks.] The first 2 rows [A & B] contain 11 beginner blocks and only 2 advanced blocks. The remaining 13 are considered intermediate.
The lower section - rows I through K - also contain quite a few beginner blocks. I'm thinking these may be good areas to start and I will also work an entire row or two until they are complete rather than scattering all over the quilt. This way we can start sewing blocks together if we want to. How does this sound?

I don't want us to do all of the beginner blocks at the start, but I don't think we should be 'heavy' on advanced blocks either.
sounds like a good plan to me. i think if we can start of with some begginers then go to intermediates then an advanced or 2 that should let everyone get a feel for what they are up against. if you want i can pm you a list of those i have already done with my take on how hard they were for me to do.