Old 11-07-2011, 06:10 AM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by mpeters1200 View Post
Oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosh......I had some time tonight and pulled out mom's FW. I think I found the bobbin case, though I can't figure out how it got in it's hiding place in the first place. I'm uploading all the pics to photobucket right now. I took a ton of pics. There seems to be some white powdery substance on the footpedal that transferred to the cord and some of it fell on the bed.

Here are all the particular numbers. The serial number was on the bottom of the machine. It's in a completely different place than my 66. There's also a serial number on the bobbin case and the fold down bed thing. Is that normal?

From the machine: AH194901
From the bobbin case simanco usa 45750
bottom of fold down part: simanco 45713

I'll post pics before I go to bed. I have to get ready to get the kiddos off to bed. The spindle the thread sits on swings wildly off the machine. I see a whole for another screw, but nothing on the swinging thing itself indicating it needs another screw. I think it's broken. All kinds of black, greasy looking gritty stuff in there. Somehow, I don't think she's ready to sew yet. It's entirely my fault for putting her in the garage. I hope I didn't ruin her.
Did someone tell you, you have an August 19, 1947 machine? The white powdery stuff is probably just the stuff they used to coat the wires under the machine. Just wipe it off - no big deal. Most of the old FW's have the same problem. There should only be one spool pin on top. I saw your pictures. The FW's are really mechanical marvels - so small - but, such great machines. That spool pin cover opens so you can oil and clean in there. There should be a screw holding it closed, though.

Nancy

Last edited by BoJangles; 11-07-2011 at 06:23 AM.