Old 11-07-2011, 06:23 AM
KyKat

Default Have you ever THROWN AWAY brand new fabric? ON PURPOSE!

I bought several pieces of fabric over the weekend, then like a good little quilter, I brought it straight home and washed it all. I put it in lingere bags to wash it, used a color catcher. All fine. Put it in the dryer. Still good. After it mostly dried, there were still several damp spots in the centers, so I took it out of the lingere bags and put them all back in the dryer loose. I knew there would be some raveling, but it wasn't that bad. All the fabric was the same weight, hand feel, price, all 100% cotton. Bought at the same place. It should have all acted the same through the wash. But, wow! When I took the fabric out of the dryer, there was one piece of hot pink (okay I know hot pink, right? but it was for accent for another piece . . . another story) that picked up EVERY piece of lint, thread, hair, fuzz. There was even a ball of blue thread on it that I swear it sucked from the neighbor's laundry, because there was nothing blue in this load! It was also so wrinkled, I would never be able to iron it smooth. I used a sticky roller on it, but geez, if it does that, do I really want to use it in a quilt? None of the other fabric did that. It was only a one-yard piece, and I'm really thinking of throwing it away while I still remember how bad it actually was so I won't have a quilt made and then have it ruin a whole project. Any thoughts? Anyone else ever experience anything like this?

Last edited by KyKat; 11-07-2011 at 06:26 AM.