View Single Post
Old 07-30-2009, 12:16 PM
Roben

I promised myself that I would go a little deeper in organizing my sewing room this week, since it will make my busy sewing life easier in the upcoming weeks. Today's project was trying to get a handle on organizing my scraps.

These containers are called Magic Drawers; I *think* they were ordered off of QVC or HSN several years ago. I finally got around to taking them out of the box, and I think they're going to work out great for organizing pre-cut scraps (like the batting I was cutting down.) One can be taken out without the whole stack falling down. I make a lot of things with 2.5" strips, so I have a bin of those divided between lights and darks. I have a bin for leftover blocks waiting for a new home, and one for partial blocks (like HSTs.) I even have all my leftover binding in one place 8) I have a boxful that still needs to be cut, but it's a start!

My goal was to have them handy so I'd be more inclined to organize scraps as I go, and to keep them visible so I can be reminded that I need to get a scrappy project going. This bookcase sits immediately to the right of my sewing table, so no more excuses, right?! :?

This setup has a fairly small footprint: 25" wide x 20" tall x 16" deep
[ATTACH=CONFIG]42129[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-42129.jpe