Old 11-07-2011, 03:54 PM
AliKat

Boy are you lucky! We have over 13 quilt shops here in Phoenix.

35th Ave Sew & Vac literally has the largest collection of quilting fabric in the whole state! They just moved around the corner to a larger store, though still at the NW corner of 35th Ave & Northern, now on the far western edge facing Northern Ave.

Quiltz is a nice shop. However, try to combine it with a visit to Patrick Lose's studio, which is across the street and carefully 'hidden' , where there is some really neat fabric and patterns, His website is: www.patricklose.com Please call ahead to see if his studio is open before going: 623-414-9464. They have all sorts of neat classes there, too. I would imagine they would loan you a sewing machine for a class if you asked.

Where you will be is near to 3 Dudes Quilting, which is just off I-10 and Elliot. The guys there have a map that includes only the some of local quilt shops. Know that this list does NOT include several other LQS's. For example, there is a Mulqueen's in that part of the Valley where you will be.

Wish you were going to be here at the end of January. That is when Quilting in the Desert will be ... and also our yearly Quilt, Sew, & Craft Expo.

The Expo is really big with free classes and demos of all types of machines and goodies. My quilt guild traditionally has a booth there.

Will PM you more.

ali