View Single Post
Old 11-07-2011, 04:42 PM
Canada Kate

Originally Posted by QM View Post
I am glad you are enjoying the blade, although it would drive me crazy. Suggestion: when you run out of co-workers to give baby quilts to, there are a great many charities that welcome them.
I like seeing your finished quilt! Good job.
PS batiks and other higher end fabrics do less ravelling.
Thank you very much for your kind words. I have been considering doing some quilting for Victoria Quilts (http://www.victoriasquiltscanada.com/), a charity that we have here in Canada that gives quilts to cancer patients. I guess I've been thinking that my quilting is not good enough yet since I still consider myself to be a beginner. But maybe I've gained enough experience to approach them. I was in the fabric store today and as I was waiting for my stuff to be cut, the lady ahead of me said that she had retired 3 years ago and that in 2011 she had made *24* quilts for Victoria! I was very impressed. She has a long arm so she does all the work, start to finish, for Victoria. They generally want the volunteers to do tops only, but clearly this lady was one of the experts that they use to finish them off!