View Single Post
Old 11-07-2011, 06:49 PM
AnotherMadQuilter

My grandma tied all her quilts also. I've had 3 that she made me my last Christmas home (39 years ago), my first and second anniversaries (38 and 37 years ago). Then came the kiddie quilts . I used them on my beds until a few years ago. They are in good shape other than a little frayed binding and a few squares that frayed out. I've put them away until I can repair each of them. Actually, I got into quilting to do these repairs and took a beginner quilting class to learn the basics so I would have a bit of knowledge of how to do it. My son proudly displays the quilt his greatgrandma made him that I've redone in his living room. My youngest has his redone quilt tucked safely away. My oldest son will get one of mine because he is the most sentimental about them but his was the only one to be lost. Not sure what ever became of it but he used it outside for tenting, took it to friends sleep overs, and used it hard. They were washed a lot also. I too much prefer the tied quilts because of the soft coziness of them as opposed to the stiffness of one heavily quilted. She didn't use batting though. All her quilts had blankets for batting.