Old 11-08-2011, 06:46 AM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by vintagemotif View Post
Just want to share the project I was working on yesterday while chatting (or should I say babbling away) with all of you. I started the layout in morning and pieces sewn together by midnight. Just need to sew rest of strips together. This is going on the back of a quilt that I'm working on right now. Piecing done with my Singer 201.[ATTACH=CONFIG]283364[/ATTACH]
Monica, I love the heart in the middle of your quilt! Is your 201 in a treadle? I would be surprised if you were not piecing with a treadle. I moved my Eldredge Two Spools into the office because I needed the room in my sewing room for my 319w - once I get her treadle done! Anyway, I love that Two Spools for piecing! She sews such a perfect stitch with a perfect 1/4" with her original foot! She also, sews a perfectly straight seam because her feed dogs are both the same size - so no pulling the fabric side ways like the machines with two different sized feed dogs! Anyway, to make a long story short, I have been piecing a large pumpkin wall hanging for Thanksgiving in the office! I am only using the Two Spools for my piecing! Gotta love it! My DH says, I am now chasing my machines around the house!

Nancy