Old 11-08-2011, 07:33 AM
T-Anne

I once had a sewing space very near to what you are describing. There are times I still think it was the most efficient space I ever had! LOL I had quilts hung over the railing to block the view and had rolling storage around the staircase. That way I could roll a cabinet over to the workspace which let me utilize it as extra workspace (this was my ironing board) and quicker access to fabric, thread, etc.. Mounted on my partial wall I made a storage out of fabric that held my pins, scissors, etc. I had two outlets that were right above the table top so it was easy to plug in machine, iron, etc.. I wish I still had those, LOL. The older I get the less I like the crawl under the table task. I had cabinets that my DH made that was part of the frame (the ends) to the workspace for storage. Then he made me a roll under the workspace cabinet for more storage. We had high ceilings in this room so he made me a shelf that pulled up and down toward the ceiling where I could store things that were seldom needed. Kind of like those garage shelves they sell for the top of the garage. We were so squished in that little house with both of us and three kids and a couple of dogs, but it sure was a warm and loving home and remembered with fond memories.