View Single Post
Old 11-08-2011, 08:15 AM
Lisanne

Originally Posted by lorimax5859 View Post
Had the skirt (can't remember the color though). Also had the penny loafers that you put a penny in the little slot on the front of the shoe. Remember?
I wasn't born until a couple of months before the '50s ended, but those penny loafers were popular right up through the late '60s. I so wanted a pair, but I was pigeon toed as a child, and my mother made me wear corrective shoes. An aunt felt I should get to wear fun shoes once in a while and bought me a pair of loafers. I adored them so much, I went outside and danced in them. She warned me I'd wear them out, and I did, that same day, lol. Didn't matter, my mother wouldn't let me wear them anyway when she found out. By the time my feet were pronounced straight by the doctor, they were wide and I wasn't able to fit into most fashionable shoes, but I do remember having a pair of tassel loafers at some point.

Thanks, everyone, for your answers about poodle skirt colors. Also for the link to the round skirt site. You know. I'm really hankering for fifties womanly fashions these days, for some reason. Boat neck, three-quarter-sleeve tops, feminine blouses, round skirts... understand, I really live in jeans, but still.