View Single Post
Old 11-08-2011, 10:40 AM
romanojg

I have this machine and that is an awesome price for it. First of all, yes it only does straight stitching but that doesn't mean it can only quilt. I love to piece with it as well. It comes with the free motion foot but you have to get the walking foot separtely. It is a super fast machine but I keep mine as low as it goes because I'm not that fast. It loves Aurofil thread; that is what Viking recommends and I had started using it before I got the machine so that was great. I've used other thread and have had no issues with it. I love the needle up/down and the thread cutter and the needle threader on it. I was offered to trade mine in on my new Ruby but I declined. First of all I would have lost $500 for 1yrs worth of ownership so that wasn't good, but if the machine had ticked me off at all I would have jumped at the chance to get rid of it. Plus it's a great machine and I want one that I can set up to quilt with, one that I know will do the job and even though I know there are larger throat plates out there the 9in are good for me. My Ruby has 9 1/2. I would buy a Viking way before I'd buy a Singer. They aren't what they once was. My daughter has my 26yr old singer and it's going good but they aren't always as reliable as they once were. Not to offend anyone and Iknow some have good luck with them as with all machines; there are good ones and bad ones. I just noticed that yours comes with a walking foot; that makes it even a better deal. It does do FM.