Old 11-08-2011, 02:50 PM
deemail

Originally Posted by dd View Post
I have a question about the fleece socks. Are they actually socks that you wear with shoes? Seems like they would be too thick. Or are they more like slippers? It seems like they would be slippery. I guess no more than regular socks. duh
lots of my regular knitted socks are really slippers and we all (from Knitting Paradise) use that 'tool handle dip,' to make them less slippery. I personally make two paper stencils...a 2" circle for the heel and a 3" oval for the ball of the foot. then i socks on, place stencil in the right place and use a small makeup sponge triangle to 'daub' the rubbery dip onto the correct place. you don't have to use the stencil, but it does make it neater. After daubing on, i sit in my recliner with my feet up and aim my hair dryer at them for about 20 minutes (or the length of my favorite movie)...then they are dry 'enough' to pull over a quart jar to let them completely dry before giving away. Please be sure to give them some type of anti-slip treatment if donating to senior centers. On the other hand, my grandchildren were disappointed when they couldn't slide all the way down the hall anymore and they quickly learned to turn the socks upside down when playing....gotta love 'em...