View Single Post
Old 11-08-2011, 05:12 PM
COYOTEMAGIC

Originally Posted by Caswews View Post
She is doing good she has obivious signs of the stroke, but we don't let those limitations stop her from being a dog!
She is a little more skittish especially at night, so we both take turns going out with her till she gets her bearings, then we turn around and come back in . Still a seeing eye human for her left eye and a leaning pole for her to get up, but she is doing good! LOL
Thank you for asking Coyote!
No problem, I know what it's like to have a "special" baby. I was playing with my deaf & blind girl the other day when I realized exactly how blind she actually is. She's always run past Katie when they are playing, doubles back and finds her. I had her sitting between my feet and her doing her "Stevie Wonder Imitation" lol. I passed my hand over the right side of her face (she only has 1 semi-useable eye) to see exactly where she could see. It's this small area at between 45 and 60 degrees. Anything to either side and she doesn't even flinch. People don't believe me she is blind when they see her run around the dog park or our backyard. She's got the place memorized and runs at top speed. Only time she runs into anything is when someone steps in her way, lol. 45lbs at warp speed hurts! Poor them, Icee is already off and running again.

So glad your girl is doing good.