Old 11-08-2011, 05:33 PM
LindaM49

Default Trip to Joann's today for something I needed and came home with............

assorted fabrics to make the 42" round Christmas Tabletopper from a Fons & Porter book that I bought a few weeks ago. Used my 40% off one cut and 10% off all purchases so the total for 6 assorted 1/2 yds. and 1 3/4 yds. of another fabric was $23.00. The Christmas fabric was all marked 40% off.

Standing waiting at the cutting table and the woman in front of me started talking to me...she's a quilter. She was buying the cutest dog fabric to make a quilt for a vet technician. Anyway...she was telling me her sewing room is as disaster...I said mine is too. Then she told me never to go in my sewing room in my bare feet. (I knew this but listened to her story) She does all hand quilting and was telling me about the thin long needles. One day she couldn't understand why the bottom of her foot was killing her. Went to the doctor and they took and x-ray and found that the quilting needle was embedded in her foot. The doctor won't do surgery unless she is to the point of excruciating pain. He said that he would have to cut muscles and nerves which could be more of a problem than the needle. Then she said she has dropped her rotary cutter on top of her feet numerous times but never cuts bad enough that she needed stitches. I told her that I always wear shoes when I am sewing...once in a while flip flops but not when I am cutting fabric...just sewing. She was sure chatting away with me. Just goes to show that quilters/sewers ARE a friendly group.