Thread: fun trip to LQS
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2011, 08:23 PM
NikkiLu

Wink fun trip to LQS

A LQS about 20 miles from my house is going out of business. He is at 40% off for the month of November so I went on Saturday. The very tiny shop was PACKED - looked like a bunch of gals had come together and were getting ready to check out when I walked in. They each had stacks of cut fabrics in their arms, waiting to pay. The cashier asked a customer if she wanted her receipt - they have to print it off of their printer hooked up to their computer - no cash register. The customer replied "NO, I do not want a paper trail" - the whole place erupted in laughter. The clerk was putting her purchases in a clear plastic bag - very visible to anybody - including an inquisitive DH. Then another customer said that the best way to bring fabric into her house was to put it in a WalMart bag. More laughter. Then, I said that I was told to enter "WalMart" into my check register instead of "Quilt Shop" - that got another round of laughter. Then an older lady said "Ladies, don't hide anything from your husbands - instead, point out their boats, their guns, fishing rods, their power tools, etc. then ask them how many fish we could have bought for the price of their new boat. Now, howls of laughter!!!

I wound up spending about $70 - doubt if there will be much left by December, when he will be at 50% off.