View Single Post
Old 11-09-2011, 05:03 AM
tropit

Originally Posted by Margo in Maine View Post
1.Just finished sorting etc...pulled out everything that I could use for charity and put in bin outside of my quilt room..Only have what I use...I am blessed with an old bedroom that works for me.
2. All fat quarters are in plastic bins and marked by colors in a closed closet.
3. Everything about a yard are in small plastic bin with covers and filed by color.(they are cheap to purchase)
4. Anything 2 yds or more are measured and marked and piled by color in closet
5. All my battings plus small pieces marked by size....are in open wire shelves in a closet by size.
6. Special projects...christmas....etc. are in small covered containers and put in a bookcase. With my books and magazines. I keep all projects I have done...in notebooks on these shelves.
7. Pulled odd shaped material and am cutting in 2 2 1/2" 3 3 1/3" up to 6"
8. have a bin of WOF ...marked.
9. I keep everything that pertains to each machine in a desk..

I enjoy my quilt room because I can exactly what I need and when I am done a project. I immediately take care of left overs.
FIND WHAT WORKS FOR YOU...make it uniquely YOURS!!! I decided what I wanted for furniture...open bookcase. 3-4 plastic 3-draw ....couple of wood cabinets under my short arm table...a closed closed portable ..plus a regular closet...and thread and rulers all in one place...this is long and I hop given some semblance of what i did..JUST BEGIN..
I like your ideas, very organized.

~ Cindy