View Single Post
Old 11-09-2011, 07:40 AM
Blackberry

Originally Posted by doris.meek13088 View Post
I have a commercial grade Singer machine that I use for all of my regular sewing including constructing my quilt tops.
I have a Juki TL-98Q that my DH gave me for our 25th wedding anniversary with my Gracie setup. I can't imagine wanting or needing any other machine short of a long arm.

I have seen many posts showing people buying many machines. Why? I understand hording fabric, magazines and even patterns but machines? I understand two so I don't have to move one back and forth off the quilting frame.
Well, let's see. I have a Janome Mini, a Universal that we bought when the kids were little, a Brother CS6000i. Then I got interested in Vintage Singers and now I have 2-201's, 1-301, 2-15-91's, 1-127 Mfg in 1903, 1-66 Red Eye Treadle, 1-99K, 1-Spartan, 1-Featherweight. I think that is all and believe it or not, I use all of them except the 127 and the treadle, which needs servicing. I use them for different things and also because when I have sewn on all of them for a while, then my DH can oil all of them at once. I really would like to try using the treadle but my DH hasn't got it cleaned up yet and I am still thinking about where I am going to put it. It currently is in the garage.