View Single Post
Old 11-10-2011, 05:36 AM

Default An early start today

I woke up at 4am and couldn't go back to sleep so i got an early start on my day. It's almost 6:30 and laundry is started, printer is fixed and i went through 2 months of email and straightened it up. I had a list of things to do yesterday. Some of it got done, some of it didn't but i did get my applique ghosts done! I also finally am getting around to finishing my yellow and white lap quilt. i have to get my batting washed and dried today. Yep! that means we got our new to us dryer up and running. I have until 10am to get my stuff done, then it's off to help dad a little more today. I hope to get my backing ironed and hopefully 2 quilts basted. I will not quilt them until i get my machine back from the Dr. I just don't think daughter's machine could handle it. It's throat is tiny!
I did manage to pop into a quilt store yesterday and got some cute buttons for my crazy quilt and a few fat quarters. I would have loved to get more but cash is tight and the other half was waiting outside for me.

I am a little disgruntled about my Halloween quilt. I used a DP9 pattern and used many, many fabrics. To me it just looks too busy. I am toying with the Idea of adding a large applique in the middle to tone it down a bit. Mom says it looks fine the way it is and Halloween quilts should be busy. I'll Probably stare at it a few days to decide.

On the bright side while looking through threads here I found one referencing a way to use round pieces sewn together and folded over. I may give it a try. 10 years ago I made a bunch of round circles with applique Betta fish on them. I have no idea what i was thinking lol but maybe i can do something with them now. Well those are my notes to me for the day...