View Single Post
Old 11-10-2011, 09:06 AM
QuilterMomma

So this is what I am doing to figure out where to start. I am almost done with a small DQ that I started approximately 10 years ago. I just needed a DQ to do and this one fit. Did most of it in a lunch hour. All cut up and no where to go.

My first thought on getting started is to have a desitnation with a time frame on it for a WIP.
Second thought to getting started is to close my eyes and just grab one.
Third thought to getting started is to grab one that is closest to being done. I lean more towards this one because I do have several that just need to be assembled and sewn together. Also, I have five that need bindings so these will be on the top of the list because they are so close to being done, then the quilting of others and binding to complete them, then assembling blocks all ready done and put into setting and so forth, then I will take the ones that have the blocks half finished, then the ones that are cut up needing assembly, then the last of them that are set up with fabric and pattern and at the beginning of a project. Yes, I have these because I bought the fabric a few years ago just for that pattern I loved, but you know the story. This seems to me to be the best way to tackle things because I am a person who lives to finish things but apparently am having trouble doing so with quilting. Always a pretty quilt out there. Wow, does that sound like something......... Oh my me.

Hope this helps for a way to tackle these wonderful quilts that are just waiting to keep us warm and happy.