Old 07-31-2009, 11:49 AM
amma
Power Poster

Over charging is stealing...no different than if you tried to leave the shop without paying for a 2/3 yard cut!!!
It sounds like he made a mistake, and did not want to admit, he needs to get over that issue, we ALL make mistakes!!!
Just because he is the owner's son, does not make him untouchable, if everyone feels that way, the owner may never find out how customers are being treated....or if it just a few comments being made they may think it only happens once in a blue moon!!! For all you know, he may be treating many customers this way.
Owner may not be happy that their inventory is off...they may be using a computerized system, the owner may be happy knowing why the actual stock is not matching to the computer's records...if he makes a lot of mistakes, inventory is waaaay off and that is hard to track back to the cause!!!
That shop figures labor into the price of the fabric...it should not matter if you ask for 1+ yard cuts or 1/8 yd cuts (THEIR stated minimum) busy or not in the shop, it is not a good practice to turn away business...I have waited in line while other's have needed smaller cuts, It takes the same amount of time to cut 1/8 yard as a full yard!!!

EDITED: Would they turn away a customer when it is busy who had 15 bolts and wanted one yard of each???

$6 dollars here, $5 dollars there can easily add up to an extra couple+ thousand dollars of THEFT each year at the customer's expense

I would not go back if my smaller purchases are not as important to them as my larger ones..... :wink: