View Single Post
Old 11-10-2011, 03:17 PM
miriam
Power Poster

Originally Posted by melinda1962 View Post
deedum, pretty quilts. Mine all tend to look alike, but I do not do well following patterns. I usually start trying to and end up turning it into an offbeat thing. I mostly deal with squares, but try triangles some. My next endeavor will be triangles, I think, but the bias stretching just makes it tough. I haven't made one since I started fmq, so maybe it will go better at the quilting phase. Keep up the good work.
I've mostly made simple quilts - I guess I figure I'm going to have my eyes closed when I'm using it anyway. That said. I did the one above for Wilbur, then I saw one on QB where someone sewed some squares right over the cut up squares and made a whole new design. Me being lazy thinks that is a plan for something different. Maybe use a color for the center, a color for each corner and a color for the inside square of the 9 patch. That's 3 colors. Cut like before. Then put on a square of a 4th color that was ironed down the diagonal and stitch on either side of the fold, cut down the fold and - hooo eeeee a couple new squares!!! So each 9 patch would make 8 squares. I wonder what goes in the center? I just have to get myself busy.