View Single Post
Old 11-10-2011, 03:54 PM
melinda1962

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
I've mostly made simple quilts - I guess I figure I'm going to have my eyes closed when I'm using it anyway. That said. I did the one above for Wilbur, then I saw one on QB where someone sewed some squares right over the cut up squares and made a whole new design. Me being lazy thinks that is a plan for something different. Maybe use a color for the center, a color for each corner and a color for the inside square of the 9 patch. That's 3 colors. Cut like before. Then put on a square of a 4th color that was ironed down the diagonal and stitch on either side of the fold, cut down the fold and - hooo eeeee a couple new squares!!! So each 9 patch would make 8 squares. I wonder what goes in the center? I just have to get myself busy.
I am an idiot sometimes, so I am going to ask. So you are saying, do the disappearing 9-patch up to the cutting into four squares, then put the new plain squares on top of them and make two half triangle things of each one, for the total of 8 squares? Would you sew toward the little dot on the 9patch part and cut the little dot into a baby triangle?