View Single Post
Old 11-10-2011, 05:30 PM
MargeD
Power Poster

I have 3 sewing machines right now, a Janome 4000, a Sears Kenmore and a Brother, all portables. At one point I had 7 machines, gave one to my sister when her machine was on the fritz and I gave it to Mary Ann's granddaughter, as she wanted to sew like grandma. It was a Singer in a cabinet. I had an ancient Stradivaro machine that I got free when I bought china from a door-to-door salesman back when I was single and had some money. I also had a Kenmore in a cabinet that I gave to my new DIL, as she liked the cabinet, thought it would be more practical for her. The 7th machine was a Sears Kenmore that I had to get rid of as I burned the motor up while quilting. Guess I worked it too hard. I traded a Singer for my Janome 4000, but all the sewing machines I acquired, except for the Singer in a cabinet that I bought at a yard sale for $25 were free, from friends and the local swap at the local incinerator where people brought things they no longer wanted, but didn't want to just throw them away. I used all of them, however, the Kenmore that I have now my friend picked up for me at the incinerator swap, and I haven't had time to use it yet, as I'm still trying to settle in after moving.