View Single Post
Old 11-10-2011, 06:56 PM
Linda - K.

I had a scottie skirt. It was gray with the scottie in a plaid sweater on the skirt. Never got the poodle one but did want one. When I was 11 in 1958 and I could no longer wear the skirt I cut out the scottie and made a doll skirt of the gray felt.

Almost forgot! About 15 years ago my youngest sister (born in 1958 so was way too young to know about poodle skirt craze) asked me to make one for a halloween costume for her. It was a pink skirt with white poodle. I told her about the sweater she need to wear and the high-on-the-head pony tail with a chiffon scarf tied on it. Then she got a pair of white tennis shoes and painted them to look like B/W saddle shoes. I had an elastic cinch belt I'd bought in Hawaii some years back to go with it also and I told her to roll her socks down--not fold down. She also had a pair of white framed cat's eye glasses from my Mom's stuff that she took the lenses out of and wore to the party. She won 1st prize!!! The older people she worked with commented that they were amazed at the details she had from that era then she told them I coached her on it--and she revealed my age to them!!!

Last edited by Linda - K.; 11-10-2011 at 07:03 PM.