Old 11-10-2011, 08:11 PM
BoJangles

[QUOTE=jlhmnj;4663293]Davis and some other SM manufacturers would put whatever name the buyer wanted with an order of 100+- machines. Going by Davis serial numbers, I would roughly date your machine to 1906 . Attached is dated Davis machines, numbers beginning with "D" are Sears Minnesota's. Some badged Davis machines have this "D" also, which seems to be a smart way to mark the machine for needles and parts if "Davis" is not already on the slide plate. Good luck with the cabinet restoration and if part of the bobbin winder is missing, I might have some odd parts layin around if needed.
Jon
http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/gGW8Tsp...Serial Numbers

Wow Jon, thank you. I am going backwards trying to catch up with the board and found this information! I don't have time to read it all tonight, but I will tomorrow. Yep, I figured by the looks and feel of this machine that it is from around the 1900 to 1910 timeframe, so your guess of 1906 sounds right!

Jon, thank you for all the information! I love it! And, yes this machine takes a Boye 10 or Davis Long (same thing) just like I figured it would!

Nancy

Last edited by BoJangles; 11-10-2011 at 08:17 PM.