Old 11-10-2011, 08:28 PM
Quilting Nonnie

And here are my blocks. Sawtooth was so nice and easy; and I love how it turned out.

Then there was Shooting Star. I do paper piecing. I don't know whether it made this block easier or harder. I saw JanRN's attempt! Poor Jan. I was so ready to throw the thing in the trash. Shooting is an apt name--I was either me or the block. Arghhh! Then all of a sudden I got mad! I wasn't going to let this thing win!! So here it is. It has several pieces of tape on it (from sewing the same seam over and over). It has glue in it. I needed to hold a piece of fabric in place while I pinned another piece to it. I hammered it, which made my husband come running. I told him it was a time-honored quilting technique. I ironed the seams open then pounded on the lump with my hammer. And it worked too! I even hand stitched part of it, until I realized that the technique I had used allowed me to machine sew it in the end.

The day started with a migraine. I stayed in bed until noon, trying to sleep it off (with the help of my good migraine drugs). I finally got up and after an hour, I started quilting at one p.m. with the migraine only at low roar. The migraine went away around 4 p.m. I finished at 7 p.m. Except for half an hour to run to the pharmacy and half an hour to feed when my blood sugar dropped, I got it all finished in one day. Ta da!

You'd think the silly thing would have given me a migraine...was definitely a backwards process.

I admire all of you who accomplished #78...I'm sure we all have battle scars. I will Never Ever make that block again. Can you imagine making a whole quilt?
Attached Thumbnails x76-sawtooth.jpg   x78-shooting-star.jpg