Old 11-10-2011, 08:32 PM
jenOSU

Default Finally finished a 'baby' quilt, he will be 4 on Saturday

I usually made crib size quilts and have been getting the to the kids by the time they are 2. Well I'm behind now. I did make this top and 3 others about 2 Christmases ago. This is the last one to finish off. The circles are hand appliquéd and I also hand quilted it. I used the machine to put the front of the binding on, and then whip stitch the back. When I finished putting on the binding to the front I realized one side was sewed wider. I didn't want to rip it out so went and sewed the other sides to match. So the original plan had more green border showing. The back is John Deere fleece. I still need to make a label. I bought an embroidery machine from someone here on the QB and got it last week. I have tomorrow night to figure it out!! A quick wash and then it will be ready to go for the party on Saturday!! I like the crib size quilt as it is still a good size for a toddler and even I can use as a snuggle blanket, especially on road trips!
Casey is being the quilt inspector. No cats, as DH is allergic.
Pictures are with the iPad.
Attached Thumbnails carverquilt.jpg   carverquilt2.jpg   carver3.jpg   carver4.jpg