View Single Post
Old 11-11-2011, 03:47 AM
june6995

What mistakes? Who says they are mistakes? Your work is your work. And what right does anyone have to just your sewing? If you are paying for an opinion, that is one thing. If you are paying for their work, their expertise, that should not include their opinion, UNLESS you have asked for it. And the Board has stated and reaffirmed, there are no quilt police. If a "professional quilter will not quilt your work, then they are not professional. They are picky and choosey about what they will do, they won't get much work. I doubt there are very many "perfect" stitchers in the world of quilting. We stitch quilts because we love it, we love the fabrics and the pleasure of seeing something accomplished.

Speaking for myself, I use a mid-arm machine, I do not do heirloom stitching. I do meander on my quilts. I make quilts for charities and they are made with love and the idea that they will bring comfort and warmth to the person who receives them. They will never become heirlooms to be put away in a cedar chest and never used. My quilts go into service and I hope they are welcomed and loved by those in need.

Never worry about someone's opinion. If you are not asking for their opinion but paying for a service rendered,
they should have no complaints. AND if they snicker behind your back and speak to other customers about the sloppy work, they are NOT professional, and do not deserve to quilt for other people.

Gather your courage, take the quilt to a quilter and speak only about the fact of how you want your quilt finished.
Leave out the comments about your workman ship. After all, once the quilt is finished, the mistakes on the back are hidden in the batting and backing. Get your quilt quilted and keep on going...make more quilts.

June in Cincinnati