Old 11-11-2011, 05:01 AM
Charlee

Originally Posted by Janis View Post
I did watch the video, and I want one. Does anyone have a picot hemstitcher for sale??
I did read on the net that you need to have very stiff fabric to have it work well.
I also watched the video on the ruffler, and that is so neat. I do have one of those for my vintage Singers and will be trying it out soon. I think it would be great to use for making doll clothes for my grand daughters' dolls for Christmas.
Cool little tools when they work right! I'm sure the problems with mine are most likely operator error, and hopefully I'll get it figured out soon! I do have another one, that I *think* fits my 66-1, but haven't tried it yet. Let me check and see...if it's another for a 99, I'll let you know! I'd be happy to get what I paid for it and the shipping...

When you do buy one, you want to make sure that you can get the raised needleplate that will fit YOUR machine...in my ignorance, the first one I bought, thinking the plates were like the buttonholer plates and would fit any machine, didn't fit the machine I bought it for. I need to look for a plate for that particular machine....