Old 11-11-2011, 06:02 AM
Betty J

Default Applique

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1mP57lDItI

I found this U tube demonstration for machine applique that is very good and may be of interest.

However, I have done quite a lot of satin stitch and blanket stitch machine applique as well as buttonhole hand applique and raw edge machine applique. I began machine applique in the early 1980's. I have learnt techniques for different kinds of machine applique. I have even taught several classes in basic machine applique and would be happy to post some of my notes.

Since owning acomputerised embroidery machine, I do a lot of in the hoop applique deigns that have been digitized.

I am posting a few pictures of my applique on clothing that I made approximately 20 years ago. The applique nastursians are cut work applique. I wore this outfit to death and still have it packed away. I used to make and applique childrens clothing.

The Cot Quit, Floor Quilt and Nappy Bag were made for my fist Grandson who is almost 18.
Attached Thumbnails dress-1.jpg   dress-2.jpg   dress-3.jpg   dress-4.jpg   cot-quilt.jpg