View Single Post
Old 11-11-2011, 06:23 AM
kriscraft99

oh I had never thought of sending shirts from a thrift store!! that is neat

Originally Posted by thomp116 View Post
OK, here goes....and this will take a while, so bear with me. Walk-n-roll, Sheila-in Erie, and I participated in the ornament swap on another thread. I should preface this by saying that we have known each other for over 30 years. Anyhow, Sheila had Diana's (walk-n-roll) name for the ornament swap. We did well, and kept it a secret.
Well, today I received my sp package, and (drum roll), it was from Diana! How she kept that a secret (considering we have seen/text/talked to a million times since the names came out, I will never know. She said something about always getting someone from Texas, etc., etc. So, even though I thought about her "fall colors" hint, I figured it wasn't me.
Wrong! I got some really cool things, including a little tea kettle timer, a Cadbury Flake bar (!!!!!!!!), a candy bar from IKEA (one of my very favorite places), 2 men's cotton shirts from the thrift store, and also 2 pieces of wool from the thrift store (shirts to cut up for a quilt I want to do, wool because I want to do some penny rug type things), a pattern booklet, a snowman pattern, scrap fabrics, tiny scissors, reindeer bath sponge, Thanksgiving ornament, an ice cream sundae pin cushion (too cute), Halloween fabric, the Jane Stickle panel (maybe the closest I'll get to a Dear Jane quilt), and a soup rug. The soup rug is bigger than a mug rug, and has novelty soup fabric, with a cup appliqued on it with the word s-o-u-p embroidered on it (probably because we have been eatng a lot of soup lately).
I will post a picture later tonight or tomorrow. Thank you so much! And congratulations on keeping this hush-hush. Although, Diana did text me after I got this and said she was hoping that I would have it before we spend another day together (that's tomorrow!). Love those thrift store bargains!